Placements and Accreditation
Following completion of the OTAC, medical and nurse practitioners may be eligible to apply to be recognised in NSW as an accredited prescriber of opioid pharmacotherapies for the treatment of opioid dependence.
Steps to Apply for Accreditation
Following completion of the OTAC, participants should undertake the following:
- Medical Practitioners in drug and alcohol settings should have their clinic supervisor complete the Clinical Placement Form as a general assessment. Other prescribers outside of drug and alcohol settings should complete a clinical placement and have their supervisor complete the Clinical Placement Form.
- Submit the following documents to the OPS Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org:
After accreditation, you will be sent a list to facilitate linkage with your Local Health District drug and alcohol service to ensure compliant clinical and administrative practice, and to provide support. We will also provide a follow-up in 2022 to assist with providing guidance to improve your OTP clinical practice, if required.
Once you have submitted your accreditation application, the Opioid Pharmacotherapy Subcommittee (OPS), NSW Ministry of Health will consider your application at a session approximately once every 6 weeks. To ensure your application is considered at the OPS meeting, you must submit your application at least 10 days prior to the following committee dates:
Upcoming OPS Committee Dates 2022
- Thursday, 16 June 2022
- Thursday, 28 July 2022
- Thursday, 15 September 2022
- Thursday, 20 October 2022
- Thursday, 1 December 2022
Once accredited, you will be sent a list to facilitate linkage with your Local Health District drug and alcohol service to ensure compliant clinical and administrative practice, and to provide support.